Saturday 12 March 2011

Liverpool Expedition

Last night I returned home from a short trip to Liverpool, where I went to the Tate, as this was a must for my trip. Not know anything that was in the Tate, apart from the Nam June Paik exhibition, I was overwhelmed at the caliber of work housed in Liverpool.
Over the past three years, I have learn about many important contemporary artists, and the effect they have had on the art world, and other artists, and through pictures I have seen some famous pieces of work. But I was truely overwhelmed to be able to see some of these incredible works up close, and it was a massive experience for me. The only thing that I was mildly disappointed with was the lack of drawing that I found, but this isnt a major issue, and I still saw a lot of things that amazed me.
Below are some of the images that I took whilst I was there....

Mondrian

Picasso

Duchamp

Warhol

Koons

Dali

No comments:

Post a Comment